Here is a link to my review/essay in Open Letters Monthly about the new biography of Robert Lax, Pure Act: The Uncommon Life of Robert Lax, by Michael McGregor: Watching the Waves Roll In and Robert Lax’s poetry (in Circus Days and Nights ed. Paul Spaeth, Love Had a Compass, ed. James J. Uebbing, and Poems: 1967-1997, ed. John Beer).
I have finished my Irish travelogue, Not For the Weather: An Irish Jaunt, and will begin shopping it around next week. As well, I am beginning a book on C.S. Lewis that I want to finish by year’s end.
I didn’t quite make 100 books/journals this year, but 99 is pretty close. Here is the final 14:
87. The Future of the Catholic Church with Pope Francis by Garry Wills
88. Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
89. We Gather Together by Neil J. Young
90. Do the Work by Steven Pressfield
91. The Authentic Swing by Steven Pressfield
92. CSL: The Bulletin of the New York C.S. Lewis Society, Vol. 46, No. 5
94. Reading C.S. Lewis by Wesley Kort
95. Confession of St. Patrick, translated by John Skinner
96. Reflections on the Psalms by C.S. Lewis
97. Psalms, KJV
98. What Jesus Meant by Garry Wills
99. The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
Have a blessed year.